Saturday, March 5, 2016

Powershell NT rights management

Real Life Scenario
I need to change 300 something computers/servers to where the Deny Access from the network includes three users.
Well that’s simple- there is a group policy item for that! Perfect..however sometimes you may not have the appropriate rights to administer group policy, maybe you searched and found this article because of that?
Anyways- this is the powershell way to automate!
For this example, I’ve used a list of computers instead of the AD because I was given a list.


$computers = Get-Content c:\computerlist.txt

foreach ($computer in $computers)
{
ntrights.exe -m \\$computer -u firstUser +r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight
ntrights.exe -m \\$computer -u secondUser +r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight
ntrights.exe -m \\$computer -u thirdUser +r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight
}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing interest in tech-jockey.

Content of this blog has been moved to GITHUB

Looking at current trends and to make my content more reachable to people, I am moving all the content of my blog https://tech-jockey.blogsp...